If you follow me on Instagram, you know that I was up in the mountains last week for some R&R with my husband’s family. I grew up near the coast and have always considered myself more of a beach gal, but thanks to my husband and their summer family traditions, I have been introduced to the beauty and tranquility that mountain life provides. Here are the top reasons for my newfound mountain love.
1. Views: Seas of pine trees, a glistening lake, and dramatic canyon views were the backdrop to our week. They were stunning and inspiring every time we saw them.
2. Quirky Cabin Decor: The fam and I got a lot of laughs over the decor of the cabin we stayed at. Let’s just say it kept the mountain vibe alive both outdoors and in.
3. Family Time: This goes without saying that family time is my favorite part of the trip. We have two young nieces that kept us entertained and showered us with love, spent lots of hours playing cards and games with the siblings, and had vibrant family dinners outside every night.
4. The Activities: From hiking and stand up paddleboarding, to shooting and reading hours a day, we woke up every day picking from an array of activities to fill our time- which we had a lot of because there was no cell service or internet connection. When you are forced to unplug, it is amazing how easy relaxing becomes.
5. Attire (of course!): I am not going to lie, I kinda loved just living in every plaid shirt and button-up I owned for a week.
What is your family summer tradition?