This salad has been on serious rotation over the summer. The light sweetness of the pineapple vinaigrette and refreshing pop of the blueberries makes it easy on the stomach when it is too warm for an appetite. Plus, there is no oven work involved- just a little chopping and dicing and you have dinner ready in a jiffy!
Blueberry, Dried Apricot, and Iberico Cheese Salad with Pineapple Vinaigrette
For the salad
- 6-8 cups of chopped romaine lettuce
- 1/4 cup of dried apricot
- 1/3 cup of toasted pistachio nutmeats
- 1/3 cup Iberico cheese, diced and rind removed
- 1/4 cup sweet onion, diced
- 1 cup of blueberries
For the dressing
- 1 1/2 teaspoons of dijon mustard
- 1/4 cup of pineapple white balsamic vinegar (like this one here)
- 1/2 cup of canola or vegetable oil
- Kosher salt to taste
Combine all ingredients of the salad into a large bowl. For the dressing, combine the dijon mustard and vinegar. Whisk together while slowly adding the oil. Whisk until fully combined.