I could eat salads for every meal. And when I say salad, I mean lots of rich, filling, hearty, ingredients piled on top of one another soaking with delicious dressing, and a few lettuce leaves sprinkled atop for good measure. A lot of salads come with one protein: either meat, cheese, beans, nuts, or avocado. I don’t pick. I put them all in.
Because, guys, this is the easiest one pot meal you can make. It is filling and satisfying and perfect for those warm summer nights when you don’t even want to look at the oven. Pair it with a glass of wine for extra bonus points.
- Slivered or sliced almonds
- Red onion chopped
- Artichokes (canned)
- Veggie Cheese (found at Farmer’s Market). Feta cheese would also work well.
- Lettuce (I like to use the Herb Salad Mix at Trader Joe’s. It is organic and has sprinkles of fresh herbs that add another dimension of flavor.)
- 2 parts oil (Olive oil and Avocado oil are my go tos) to 1.5 part balsamic vinegar (I like my dressing a little tangy)
- 1/2-1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- Salt and Pepper to taste
*Whisk all dressing ingredients together.